Connie M. Chan
Certified Massage Therapist, #33583
Licensed Aesthetician, #718897Z
The Healing Station owner Connie Chan became interested in the art of massage in the 1990s, after having received them regularly. She became fascinated by the effects of healing hands, the way the body responds to gentle pressure and handling, and the way it made her feel afterward. Deciding she wanted to offer that kind of healing care to others in the Folsom and greater Sacramento area, she became an expert in reflexology in 2007 and earned her Swedish massage certification a year later, eventually becoming skilled at more than 20 different types of massage. “It almost became an addiction for me once I saw how my therapies and techniques helped others,” says Connie. “I loved going to sleep at night knowing I had relieved even one person of pain that day.”
It wasn’t long before Connie decided she wanted to help others care for their skin as well, and in 2012, she became an aesthetician, offering essential oils, aromatherapy and hydrating secrets to help promote vibrant, youthful skin and relieve skin issues such as acne and rosacea. She also counsels her patients on how diet affects their skin.
Connie thrives on learning everything there is to know about wellness therapies, not only by being a perennial student of aesthetics and massage, but also having carefully screened products she offers. The Lira line of skin care is based on plant stem cells and contains ingredients that help fade the effects of hyper-pigmentation due to sun damage. She also offers the gluten-free Hill & Hush line, products for skin that suffers from illness (oncology) and sensitivity. “While I don’t push product on my clients, I do encourage a 2-sided approach to skin care, encouraging them to use high quality products between facial visits.
Connie’s practices and accomplishments include:
·More than 1200 hours in classroom learning and practice in both Sacramento and the Bay Area
· Extensive “intake” interviews, following the progress of each and every client, keeping a history on their progress.
· Dozens of glowing testimonials and a loyal clientele
The Healing Station Business Policies
Product Returns and Refunds:
- We gladly accept returns for any retail products purchased from our spa for store credit within 15 days of purchase when unused (unopened). Proof of purchase is required.
- Gift Certificates are non refundable.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to The Healing Station for your first appointment to complete paperwork. Arriving at or after your appointment time may rob you of precious treatment time. We are happy to email you forms to fill out and return to us for time restraints.
- Late arrivals do not carry over into later treatment sessions, and no refunds are due for partial appointments
- Time is our most valuable asset. We set aside times for you and do not schedule anyone else if you don’t show. For that reason, single appointments must be canceled 24 hours before scheduled time, while multiple appointments must be canceled at least 48 hours before scheduled time. Full fee will be charged if not cancelled within time limits.
- The Healing Station provides professional therapeutic services. Any inappropriate behavior or requests will cause the appointment to end immediately and full payment will be due.